Jun 11, 2011

Persistent Love

I have a cat. He bothers me regularly. His name is Snowflake, and he can be very annoying at times. But, he's also one of the most loving creatures on this earth (:

We found him the Christmas it snowed in Houston several years back. Well, he found us. He was outside my Grandma's apartment doorstep, trying to steal a little bit of heat from the crack in the door. He was tiny, too young to be by himself, too skinny for his own good, and almost frozen. With four girls and a Cuban Abuela, what do you think happened? We hurried him inside, warmed him up, and stuffed his tiny belly till he had fallen sound asleep.

Fast forward several years, and he still acts like that little kitten we found...except he now weighs about 20 pounds. Not a problem, but, as a kitten, he liked to climb onto your shoulder and play with your ear. He still does -.- Well, he found me doing my makeup earlier today, and decided my lap was fair game. So, he promptly plopped himself there, and began begging for me to pet him. At first, I was slightly perturbed. I was in a rush, and he wasn't helping me get ready any faster. Then, I realized that he was only annoying me because he wanted to be around me. He wanted to be around me so much that he would *always* come find me, and then hang around me until he had been loved on.

My cat bugging me made me realize something about my relationship with Christ. Heh, go figure. When we spend time with Christ, it really shouldn't be an item on our daily checklist of things to do. It should be us wanting to spend time with Christ, because he saved us from spiritual death. We should be seeking Christ out, and bugging Him until we've loved on Him as much as we can. So, next time your cat is bugging you, scratch it's ear and let God know that He's pretty awesome (: That's what I'll be doing every time Snowflake bugs me from now on.

     ~amber

No comments:

Post a Comment